Focusing on the period from 1975 to the present, students will investigate topics such as world hunger, war, peace activism, environmental issues, the United Nations, the WTO, civil rights struggles, and advocacy organizations such as Justice for Janitors, Amnesty International, Human Rights Campaign, and more. Students will begin to connect their own life experiences to the national and global issues impacting our contemporary world.Available for Grades 9+
representative grade sample shown
Thematic Research Library
Students use the Thematic Research Library to research their individual topics using the best informational books drawn from more than 250 publishers.
* All materials shown are a representative sample. Actual titles may vary based on availability.
What's Included in this Module?
- Instructional Framework1 Teacher Copy
- Final Project Organizer1 Teacher Copy
- Research Cards30 Student Copies
- Writing Cards30 Student Copies
- Anchor Titles2-5 Titles
- Core Text(s)30 Student Copies Each
- Thematic Research Library100 Classroom Titles
- Text by Jeffrey Wilhelm1 Teacher Copy
À la carte Items
Leveled Baskets and Text Sets are available to purchase separately from the full Research Lab module.
1 Day of Professional Learning
Fill out the form below and you'll get access to our pricing list to compare our different products.