Are you having difficulty tackling the dual problems of reading proficiency and research skills? Get students engaged with this gripping unit that explores the role of sports in our lives and in the larger arena of society. Using nonfiction books on sporting events, sports history, and biographies of sports figures, students will research a sport of their choosing and write their own informational book. They will score points by demonstrating their knowledge of their sport’s organization and practice, its origins, milestones, economic impact, and cultural significance.Available for Grades 4, 9+ and in SchoolPace Connect® for Grade 4
representative grade sample shown
Thematic Research Library
Students use the Thematic Research Library to research their individual topics using the best informational books drawn from more than 250 publishers.
* All materials shown are a representative sample. Actual titles may vary based on availability.
What's Included in this Module?
- Instructional Framework1 Teacher Copy
- Final Project Organizer1 Teacher Copy
- Research Cards30 Student Copies
- Writing Cards30 Student Copies
- Anchor Titles2-5 Titles
- Core Text(s)30 Student Copies Each
- Thematic Research Library100 Classroom Titles
À la carte Items
Leveled Baskets and Text Sets are available to purchase separately from the full Research Lab module.
1 Day of Professional Learning
Fill out the form below and you'll get access to our pricing list to compare our different products.